Magic is NOT just about making a coin disappear. The contributions of magic to our physical and psychological well-beings are tremendous. Physically it helps to strengthen our motor skills and coordination and psychologically it reduces tension and agression or enhancing social feelings. Our children can greatly benefit from both watching and learning magic.
Magic is able to impove children's day to day living in terms of their emotions (moods and anxiety level), social skills (ice-breaker and interactions with new friends), academic learning (following instructions, sequencing, memory required for performing in magic).
Other than a form of entertainment, using magic as a therapeutic tool can also help children with issues in developmental disabilities, mental health and physical disabilities:
* The movements reguired to learn simple magic tricks help them regain their lost physical skills while increasing motivational levels and self esteem.
* Learning to perform magic can be an opportunity for self expression, self identity, and apprropriate communication. Magic can be used to capture their attention - it encourages and develops assertiveness, leadership skills and increases appropriate social interaction.
* Learning and performing magic can help children with learning difficulties or psychosocial obstacles improve their abilities in fine motor skills,coordination, concentration, planning, sequencing, and memory skills.
Magic as a vehicle can effectively improve the efficiency of treatments for pediatrics and shorten their recovery time:
* Laughter is the best medicine. As humor is an integral components of each interaction between a magician and a sick child by his/her bedside, magic helps to lower anxiety level and improve coping with pain in hospital setting.
* Incoporating magic tricks into rehabilitating activities helps patients motivated and engaged in the process and achieving better outcomes.
Magic Shows 2 Go 2011 All Rights Reserved. Bringing Magic into Children's hearts in Toronto, Markham and Richmond Hill